Meet Jessica Harrison
As the female founder of the family owned business, Courageous Counseling and Consulting, Jessica Harrison directs all activities of the practice. Her holistic mindset allows her to evaluate mental health through a whole-body wellness lens that focuses not only on mental health but also on physical, social, occupational, intellectual, environmental, financial, and spiritual wellbeing.
Jessica, LPC, graduated with a Master of Education in Counseling from Sul Ross State University a member of the Texas State University System after earning her Bachelor of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business from Tarleton State University a member of the Texas A&M University System. She is a Certified Digital Wellness Practitioner, Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator, Certified First Responder Counselor, and Licensed Speech Language Pathologist-Assistant.
Jessica is a native west Texan and she has a special place in her heart for rural Texans. She is actively and proudly serving her home town by providing counseling services to special education students at the school she attended, as well as, providing services for at-risk youth in her home county. She is the part-time counselor for the Montessori School of San Antonio, where she is committed to addressing mental health issues and providing solution focused therapy and resources to the MSSA Community.
She happily delivers presentations on a variety of mental health and wellness topics to diverse audiences and consults with corporations and companies on building healthy workplace cultures and promoting digital wellness solutions in the workplace.
In her free time, Jessica enjoys exercising with her husband Jacob, cooking, and watching Netflix. She spends most of her time enjoying the outdoors with her family, friends, and dog, Bella.
Specializations and Trainings
Jessica possesses a litany of trainings, certifications and specializations that she applies to her sessions. Here are just a few of those:
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy trained
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator
- Trained in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Certified Digital Wellness Practitioner
- Certified First Responder Counselor
- SCHOOL CONSULTANT – RULER Trained – Social Emotional Learning in Schools
- ADOS 2 Assessment Trained (Highest Level of Autism Assessment)
- Member of the Association of Mental Health Professionals
- Tarleton State University (Bachelor’s of Business Administration)
- Utah State University (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- Sul Ross State University (Masters of Education, Licensed Professional Counselor)
- Watching college sports
- Dancing and singing
- Creating flower arrangements
- Listening to Texas Country Music on my porch with friends and family
“Do ordinary things with extraordinary love” – Mother Teresa
“Be the change you want to see in the world” – Gandhi